Human-centric technologies is a multidimensional design and development concept. The core ideas are:
- Technologies are developed for general public.
- Public interest comes before private profits.
- Technologies are designed and developed in a way to empower general users and be socially aware.
- Technologies are designed, developed and delivered in a way to preserve user independence and protect user privacy.
- Technologies are designed to be intuitive (natural) and non-intrusive, and do not involve a steep learning curve.
Human-centric is sometimes also referred to as people-centric. Both terms can be used interchangeably in most cases. However, based on the context, one may be preferred over the other:
- Social dimension: people-centric (people as the public)
- Technological aspect: human-centric (human as user of the technology as opposed to machines)
MOFFAS is designed and built to be a human-centric system.